- Archibald, D. "Tobago: melancholy isle, vol. I 1498-1771"
137 pp. Westindiana, 1987, Port of Spain, Trinidad & Tobago.
Chapter I, The Caribs of the Island of Tabaco; Chapter II, the European Presence
1498-1627; Chapter III, Early Settlements 1628-1637; Chapter IV, The Courland Adventure
1639-1690; Chapter V, the Dutch at Roodklyp Bay 1654-1678; Chapter VI, Captain John Poyntz
1666-1704; Chapter VII, A neutral Island 1679-1763; Chapter VIII, the British settle
- Bubberman, F. C. "Tobago en zijn Nederlands verleden"
In: Various Authors "Vestingbouw overzee. Militaire architectuur van Manhattan tot
Korea" pp. 37-43 Vestingbouwkundige bijdragen, Walburg Pers, 19--,
- Carmichael,Gertrude "The history of the West Indian Island of
Trinidad and Tobago, 1498-1900"
463 pp. 8 plts. 1961, London, UK.
- Edmundson "The Dutch in Western Guiana"
English historical review: 1901 Vol. XVI 640 - 675 pp.
An interesting article on the first period of Dutch settlements in Guiana and Tobago.
There are also some information about the Courland attempts of colonizing Tobago.
- Goslinga,C.Ch. "The Dutch in the Caribbean & on the Wild Coast 1580-1680"
647 pp. 12 maps Van Gorcum & C. 1971 Assen, The Netherlands.
A detailed and a very interesting and complete study on the Dutch in the Caribbean area:
Guyana and Caribbean Islands. This is the vol I of the study.
Index: The beggars and the Broom, dreamers and realists, the tardy interlopers, the truce,
the rise of a brilliant star, the battle for salt, the first great designs, the silver
fleet, the king's veins, Pie de Palo, the Dutch pearls, the years of crisis, the decline
of a brilliant star, black ebony, "that superb nation", the Wild Coast, New
Walcheren, the last Dutch stand.
- Goslinga, C.Ch. "The Dutch in the Caribbean and in the Guianas 1680-1791"
712 pp. 13 maps Van Gorcum 1985 Assen, The Netherlands
A detailed and a very interesting study on the Dutch in the Caribbean area: Guyana and
Caribbean Islands. This is the vol II of the study.
Index: The rise and the decline of the new Dutch West India Company 1675-1770, the Dutch
in West Africa, the Company and the colonists in the Curaçao islands, the Company and the
colonists of the Dutch Leeward islands, the Dutch Caribbean slave trade, the "Kleine
Vaart" in the Caribbean, Antillean colonial society, the colonists and the society of
Suriname, Surinam: plantation colony, the Surinam Maroons, the Surinam slave trade,
Essequebo and Demerara, the Berbice slave rebellion, a tale of two cities: Willemstad and
Paramaribo, the Dutch black and red codes, the fall of the West India Company.
- Oppenheim, Samuel "An early Jewish colony in Western Guiana, 1658-1666 and
its relation to the Jews in Surinam, Cayenne and Tobago"
in: A.J.H.S. n° 16, 1907
- Oppenheim, Samuel "An early Jewish colony in Western Guiana. Supplemental
in: A.J.H.S. n° 17, 1909
- Williamson, J. A. "English colonies in Guiana and on the Amazon
191 pp. Clarendon Press, 1923, Oxford,
- Wise, K. S. "Historical sketches of Trinidad & Tobago"
Vol I, 1934, articles IX, X, XI
The Dutch settlements in Trinidad 1636, the Dutch settlements in Tobago 1633-1636, the
Dutch attack on St. Joseph 1637.